The Convalve Flanged restrained dismantling joints are double flanged fittings that allow longitudinal adjustment in flanged pipe systems. They have been developed to provide greater flexibility at the planning and installation stages of flanged pipe systems and also for subsequent maintenance.
The Convalve Flanged restrained dismantling joints are particularly suitable for simplifying the installation and removal of all kind of valves, pumps and flanged pipes and fittings. Typical applications include pumping stations, water treatment works, sewage treatment works, plant rooms, meter chambers, power generation equipment and gas distribution stations.
- The Dismantling Joint can be installed with a spanner and a torque wrench.
- Dismantling Joints are supplied with high tensile steel tie bars which means fewer tie bars are required, consequently there are fewer tie bars than flange holes, making installation faster and simpler. The tie bars supplied with the Dismantling Joint also act as flange jointing bolts, reducing the number of flange bolts required.
- The gasket of the Dismantling Joint is compressed independently of the tie bars. Compression of the gasket is achieved by following standard flange adaptor installation procedures, speeding installation. It also allows for a socket and torque wrench to be used, ensuring that sealing failure cannot occur as the gasket is compressed to the required torque.
- Dismantling Joints are available in any nominal size from DN100 and larger with most common flange drillings. Dismantling Joint specials for specific project requirements can also be produced.
- All Dismantling Joints are fully end load resistant and have a pressure rating equal to that of the flange.
- For applications where a full face flange is required, the flange of the spigot piece provides a full flange sealing area.
- Dismantling Joints are fitted with grade E (EPDM) water quality gaskets as standard. For other applications or alternatives, please ask for details.
- Body material Ductile iron or carbon steel.
- Flange standard EN 1092-2
- Pressure class PN10, PN16, PN25, PN40, PN64
- Measurement DN100-DN2000
- Studs and nuts Stainless steel or galvanized steel
- Body surface min. 200 micron epoxy coated
The Dismantling Joint is particularly suitable for simplifying the installation and removal of:
- Isolation valves
- Non return valves
- Flow metering equipment
- Pump sets
- Pressure reducing valves
- Flanged pipe and fittings
Typical Dismantling Joint applications include: Pumping stations, water treatment and sewage treatment plants, plant rooms, meter chambers, power generation equipment and gas distribution stations.