CVAF series flowmeters operates according to the proven variable area principle. The float gets lifted by the flowing medium and indicates the flow with its upper edge on the scale attached to the device. If floats with integrated magnets are used, optionally, alarm contacts or a measuring transmitter can be attached to the device. All devices possess a male thread on the measuring tube and are additionally equipped with standard PVC adhesive sleeves. As an option, also female threaded fittings made of PVC, PP, ABS or stainless steel can be supplied.
- International NAMUR standard mounting
- Adaptable to 5/2 (5-way) or 3/2 (3-way NC) functions
- Controls spring return or double acting pneumatic actuators
- Long life spool and sleeve design
- Twist and lock manual override
- Low wattage coil rated IP65 dusttight and weatherproof
- Easy wire 1/2” conduit DIN plug connector with screw terminals
- Continuous duty 100% duty cycle
Range of Applications
Due to a wide variety of materials and easily interchangeable measurement scales, the CVAF series plastic flowmeters can be suitable for most of media including agressive media.
The main areas of application are water treatment, effluent technology, chemical and food-processing industries and many others.
Principle of Operation
Variable area flow meters are used in pipelines and determine the volume flow of liquids or gases there. The flow meter consists of a conical measuring tube with a float inside it.
The measuring principle is based on the body being vertically deflected through the flowing medium. Various forces act on the float – the flow resistance, the buoyant force, as well as the weight force of the body.
In summary, if the volume flow rises, the float is lifted. The current flow is indicated on the scale at the top of the float.
These flow meters feature a water scale in l/h standard. Optional air scales are also available for various operating pressures. Two adjustable reference value indicators facilitate monitoring of the rate of flow. Limit contacts are available as accessories.
Measuring tube: Transparent, with heavily reduced humidity absorption Polysulfon; transparent PVDF; opaque (yellowish-white)
Float: PVDF, optional PVDF with integrated magnet
Tube connections: PVC, optional PP or ABS, stainless steel
- Unbreakable and corrosion resistant
- Radially extendable
- Special self-adhesive scales for liquid and gaseous media
- Check rail for accessories (limit switches)
- Various number of nominal sizes available